Central City Housing Fund
$400m to actually fund the building of homes in the East Frame and wider central city area.
- Will build neighborhoods and communities.
- Will offer homes for rent initially and rent-to-buy but not to investors.
- Will look at ways of government maintaining interest in any price appreciation.
- Look at different ownership models, such as co-housing and cooperatives.
- Look to make Christchurch a laboratory for new housing technology, such as passive housing and Wiki Houses.